Students talk: Ava's interview (2014)SCHEDULE VIDEOS
FREE TRIAL CLASS
Ava's questions and answers session.
- Have you practiced any martial arts before?
Before I started training at Golden Dragon I studied taekwondo and tang soo do.
- What did you know about Martial arts before and why did you decide to start practicing?
I had been doing martial arts for 6 years and knew that it was good for my concentration, focus and physical conditioning. I decided I wanted to learn more about Kung Fu.
- How long do you practice Kung Fu at GD?
I've been studying at golden dragon for a year and train whenever I'm in LA.
Yes, I feel that my focus, concentration and physical condition have improved
I love learning from Valery and Dima and enjoy practicing with the sword and doing the crane.
I believe people should practice martial arts because it is great discipline, a great workout to help keep you in shape, and overall a lot of fun!
Questions to Ava's Dad
- How did your family decide your child should start practicing Martial Arts?
We thought it would be the best combination of focus, discipline and physical fitness for our child.
- How long have your child practiced Kung Fu at Golden Dragon?
Off and on for 14 months when she visits LA.
- Do you notice any changes in her behavior since he/she started the classes?
Yes - Ava has a renewed appetite for martial arts instruction.
- What are your favorite things here in GD?
Of the all martial arts facilities that I have visited, GD is the most impressive. Instructors Valery and Dmitry are passionate about teaching with an incredible attention to detail.
- By your opinion, why should children practice Martial Arts?
I feel it gives children an inner confidence they can carry forward for the rest of their lives.