Family Hike Day in MalibuKung fu is about more than just fighting or fitness. It is about balance, unity, and spiritual awareness. Virtually nothing works better for gaining these in a pinch than getting outside and communing with nature. Come join us as KFoGD hosts its 2nd Annual Family Hike Day this Saturday, October 15th in Malibu. The hike will begin at 5:00 p.m. at... Please make sure to bring water, as well as a camera phone for some gorgeous photos of the sunset! Kung Fu of Golden Dragon focuses on many different methods to attaining self-awareness – from meditation and Tai Chi to disciplined practice of form in pursuit of formlessness, the Grandmaster's teachings are fashioned to help his students gain better understanding of the world around them and their place in it. But sometimes in order to figure out your place in the world, you have to get out into it. Come enjoy a wonderful outing with our Kung Fu family this Saturday!
From (34.0403724,-118.4650058) to Corral Canyon Cave via CA-1 N.
56 min (25 mi)
59 min in current traffic
1. Head northwest on Amherst Ave toward Rochester Ave
2. Turn right onto Goshen Ave
3. Turn left onto S Gretna Green Way
4. Turn left onto San Vicente Blvd
5. Turn right onto S 26th St
6. Continue onto Allenford Ave
7. Use any lane to turn left onto Sunset Blvd
8. Turn right onto CA-1 N
9. Turn right onto Corral Canyon Rd
10. Corral Canyon Rd turns right and becomes Mesa Peak Motorway
11. Arrive at location: Corral Canyon Cave
For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/nvzvFtsiz8y
- At Golden Dragon Martial Arts School, the only thing we love more than kung fu is teaching others to love kung fu as well. This is why we hold such high esteem when promoting our students and awarding them for a job well done. On May 7, 2016, we held our 2nd Annual Golden Dragon Award Ceremony and Demonstration at our Santa Monica location. While all of our students exhibited exceptional growth and improvement, our shining stars were the young Pandas who have been moving up the ranks as fast as greased lightning. Our two youngest pupils, Emma Dorner and Zoya Kalinsky, were awarded with the titles of Dragon Warriors, making them the youngest to receive the titles at our school.
Even in youth, some kids struggle with what to give their moms for Mother's Day. At Golden Dragon Kung Fu School, our students will be giving one of the best gifts a child can give a parent; a sense of pride in their accomplishments. On May 7th, we will be holding our 2nd annual Kung Fu awards Ceremony at Kung Fu of Golden Dragon, and once again, all students are welcome and invited! Event time from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- No matter our culture, race, class, or upbringing, one thing most people can agree upon – we LOVE it when Winter ends and Spring rolls around! Many cultures have their own way of celebrating this momentous annual event (much like Americans and Groundhog Day), and Russia is no different. Preceding the upcoming celebration of Lent, Russians celebrate one of their oldest surviving holidays, called Masletnitsa, or Crepe Day. Kung Fu of Golden Dragon will be bringing this fun tradition to its students on March 12th as we seek to increase awareness and knowledge of our school's founders' history and customs.