Students talk: Carolyn's interview (2013)SCHEDULE VIDEOS
FREE TRIAL CLASS
- Have you practiced any martial arts before?
- No, I have never practiced martial arts before.
- What did you know about Martial arts before and why did you decide to start practicing?
- I knew a little about Qi Gong from my husband, who had studied some stances with a personal trainer and, of course, I knew about martial arts from the movies! I decided to start practicing because a friend encouraged me to try it and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
- How long have you practiced Kung Fu at GD?
- I have been a student at Golden Dragon for 5 months now.
- Do you feel any changes in your life?
- I am much stronger, much more flexible, less tired in the evenings and mornings and fitter – when I go for a run, I really notice the improvement in my overall fitness. My balance is much better too.
- What are your favorite things here at GD?
- The instructors – they are the most important aspect of any training, and all the instructors at Golden Dragon are obviously well trained, both in martial arts and in teaching, and totally committed to kung fu. Each session builds on the one before, but the classes are never repetitive or boring. I always feel like my fitness is in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing.
- In your opinion, why should people practice Martial arts?
- Before starting at Golden Dragon, I thought martial arts was mostly for young boys, but I now understand that practicing martial arts is fantastic at any age. Martial arts is great for keeping me strong and flexible and giving me physical confidence and they are important qualities to develop and maintain at any age.