Kung Fu Blog
Even in youth, some kids struggle with what to give their moms for Mother's Day. At Golden Dragon Kung Fu School, our students will be giving one of the best gifts a child can give a parent; a sense of pride in their accomplishments. On May 7th, we will be holding our 2nd annual Kung Fu awards Ceremony at Kung Fu of Golden Dragon, and once again, all students are welcome and invited! Event time from 1:00pm-3:00pm
LOS ANGELES February 18, 2016 -- Kung Fu of Golden Dragon has been selected for the 2016 Los Angeles Award in the Martial Arts School category by the Los Angeles Award Program.
Each year, the Los Angeles Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Los Angeles area a great place to live, work and play.
- No matter our culture, race, class, or upbringing, one thing most people can agree upon – we LOVE it when Winter ends and Spring rolls around! Many cultures have their own way of celebrating this momentous annual event (much like Americans and Groundhog Day), and Russia is no different. Preceding the upcoming celebration of Lent, Russians celebrate one of their oldest surviving holidays, called Masletnitsa, or Crepe Day. Kung Fu of Golden Dragon will be bringing this fun tradition to its students on March 12th as we seek to increase awareness and knowledge of our school's founders' history and customs.
- Looking for a fun and awesome way for the kids to spend Spring Break? The Force is strong here! Sign up today for our Star Wars Force Camp Academy, and learn the ways of the Jedi, the Sith, and much much more!
- All over the world, people are celebrating the Lunar New Year, and Kung Fu of Golden Dragon is no different. This year we are glad to be ringing in the Year of the Red Fire Monkey. The Monkey is a highly revered and celebrated figure in Chinese culture. The Monkey is said to symbolize cleverness, agility, and a high intellect. Those born in the year of the Monkey are said to excel in politics, public speaking, language arts, and numerous physical sciences, including biology.
I've been wanting to do martial arts since I was little and tried it several times but something wasn't right. As soon as I walked into Golden Dragon school and talked to the teachers I knew it was my school.
Golden Dragon Presents - Russian Without Borders!
- My name is Elena Prosvirova. I want to introduce you to the "Russian Language and Literature Courses" at Golden Dragon. Classes will be held every Sunday at 12217 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- When our family moved to Los Angeles from Moscow in 2012, my daughter Liza was just 6 years old. At that time, she spoke Russian, her native language, fluently, knew the alphabet and could read. But when she was enrolled in school, all of her classes were in English, and she started to communicate with us in this language. While I love that she has so quickly absorbed another language, I do not want her to forget her heritage. Therefore, I am taking time to teach her independently to keep her language in her mind. I do this not simply because having a second language can be incredibly beneficial later in life, but also because Russian is the cornerstone of our deep and beautiful culture. The works of Pushkin, Chekhov, Tolstoy, and Dostoevsky put our language into an essential position in the world's cultural heritage, and I believe that I am partly responsible for passing these cultural values onto our children. That's why I want my daughter to not just speak Russian but to speak it like a native speaker!